View Single Post
Old
07-08-2004, 10:36 AM
Juni

vCash: 500
OK guys, I don't post here often but I've put together a list anyway (hopefully I haven't missed something that would stop me participating )

Covering the FA Barclays Premiership (England) as it's where I'm based and watch most of, but tbh I could probably do a few other leagues if I had the time.

ENGLAND

1. Wayne Rooney (24-10-1986, SC, England, Everton)
- Has it all, and has now proven his talent at international level. Pace, strength, power, a pure goalscorer, and creative. Expected to leave Everton sooner rather than later for a potential British transfer record.

2. Cristiano Ronaldo (5-2-1985, R/LW, Portugal, Man Utd)
- Has matured from the trickster who made his debut for Man Utd into a dependable yet almost unplayable winger capable of putting in that cross which could break a game. Starting to show more bravery, as shown by his recent flurry of headed goals.

3. Jose Antonio Reyes (1-9-1983, FC, Spain, Arsenal)
- The future of Spanish football. A wonderful dribbler, a wicked left foot, and a tough player who gives his all. Arsenal paid good money for the kid from Seville, and started to get reward at the back end of last season.

4. Jermaine Defoe (7-10-1982, SC, England, Tottenham)
- Many people called for his inclusion in England's Euro squad, with good reason. Just seems to score goals wherever he goes, despite his diminutive size. Very quick, has a great shot, and will be an Englanf regular.

5. Florent Sinama-Pongolle (20-10-1984, FC, France, Liverpool)
- Just ranked above his cousin after making more of an impact on the Premiership in his first season. Amazingly fast, strong for his small size, and scores goals. Voted Player of the Half Season in his final year in France.

6. Anthony Le Tallec (3-10-1984, AMC/L, France, Liverpool)
- More creative than his cousin, but no less talented. Can make things happen. Impressed in first season abroad, showed glimpses of what he can do. Under new manager Rafa Benítez, should shine.

7. Darren Fletcher (1-2-1984, MR, Scotland, Man Utd)
- Solid and dependable midfielder who has had problems with injuries but has recovered and has even captained the Scottish national team. Has loads of energy, comfortable in possession, and has a scoring touch.

8. James Milner (4-1-1986, AMC/FC, England, Newcastle)
- Youngest scorer in Premiership when he scored at Sunderland barely 16. Just made £3.5m move to Newcastle, where his pedigree should show.

9. Jon Stead (7-4-1983, SC, England, Blackburn)
- Kept Blackburn up with half a dozen goals after jumping three divisions from Huddersfield to Blackburn. Lanky, but deceptive, and gets into goalscoring positions.

10. Jeremie Aliadiere [i](30-3-1983, SC, France, Arsenal)[/b]
- From the fabled Clairfontaine French Football Academy, he's a pure goalscorer. Had injury problems blight his progress, but is capable of going on to score lots more for Arsenal and France. Slightly arrogant, but it comes across as an attribute.

11. Darren Ambrose (29-2-1984, MC, England, Newcastle)
- Impressed as he made the jump from Division One to Premiership. Energetic midfielder, versatile too. Can play as an anchor but likes to get forward and create.

12. Hélder Postiga (2-8-1982, SC, Portugal, Tottenham)
- Has a good goalscoring record but hasn't had a chance in a transitional Spurs season. With a new manager and a high profile goal at Euro 2004, Hélder could have a new lease of life and score the goals I know he can.

13. Chris Eagles (19-11-1985, MR, England, Man Utd)
- A surprise choice perhaps, but the right winger who is yet to see League action (played in Cup) is a potential star on the right wing. Is the future of Man Utd and perhaps England.

14. Liam Ridgewell (21-7-1984, DC, England, Aston Villa)
- Composed and assured centre back who made strides into the first team last season. Since David O'Leary likes young players, he should progress well this coming season. Can also play midfield.

15. Glen Johnson (23-8-1984, DR, England, Chelsea)
- Started amazingly at Chelsea - a rock at right back, winning tackles, getting forward, scoring, and making England debut. Got injured and started to fade. If he improves slightly defensively he'll be the complete package before long.

Wildcard

Cesc Fabregas (4-5-1987, MC, Spain, Arsenal)
- So young, yet so impressive. Very small, but a new Guardiola perhaps in that he sits and dictates the play. Barcelona produce these players like they're going out of fashion. Guardiola ---> Xavi ---> Iniesta ---> Cesc. Arsenal stole him and will reap the benefits.

Last edited by Juni: 07-08-2004 at 11:18 AM.
Juni is offline   Reply With Quote