View Single Post
Old
11-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post
If Knuble (+) landed us a decent defenseman to shore up the back end, and free some cap room...and 'if' Shanny were willing to sign for 1 million, then I'd be all over it.
I wouldn't even trade Knuble if you can make the salary work within our existing structure, at least until we see how the defense looks with Jones/Parent. Going into the playoffs with a healthy top 9 of the following looks pretty tempting:

Gagne Briere Knuble
Hartnell Richards Lupul
Shanahan Carter Upshall

There's no real weakness there. You can play with it as you like, but that makes my mouth water, even if Shanny is washed up a bit. He's still going to score some goals and brings a lot of intangibles that we need that Nodl or Downie don't have at this point in their careers.

But, if the salary doesn't work, then obviously you have to do something.

I think I'm starting to feel that Knuble is still a valuable member of this team. We've already lost a lot of veteran leadership, he's a great guy in the room/with the media, and he's scoring like he usually does. He had a slow start and at times looks awful at even strength, but he still has a place on special teams and always works well with Gagne.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote