View Single Post
Old
11-04-2008, 02:16 PM
DUHockey9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Wow. If that's true, I wonder how much the Flyers offered him. Even if it's under $2 Million, someone's got to go.
Yea, a top 9 winger (with salary) would need to go. It won't be Gagne, so that leaves:

Hartnell: he makes big money but he brings things to to the table that no one else does and he is signed for several more years. I wouldn't object to moving him but he isn't the best choice.

Upshall: he probably has pretty good value, due to being young, cheap, and playing very very well. He is also very valuable to us for those same reasons. I think he has played too well (and like Hartnell brings something not many others do) to move him.

Knuble: makes solid money, so it would clear some room; but he again seems to be proving doubters wrong by putting up good numbers. I think he might be fairly easy to replace in terms of play but I do worry that he has intangibles that would be missed.

Lupul: also makes solid money and an even bigger contract kicks in next year. He's a bit streaky; but I think he does have value around the league. With the re-emergence of Gagne he may not be necessary.

That said I think it needs to be Knuble or Lupul.

It's a tough call.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote