Old
11-04-2008, 02:27 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
Yea, a top 9 winger (with salary) would need to go. It won't be Gagne, so that leaves:

Hartnell: he makes big money but he brings things to to the table that no one else does and he is signed for several more years. I wouldn't object to moving him but he isn't the best choice.

Upshall: he probably has pretty good value, due to being young, cheap, and playing very very well. He is also very valuable to us for those same reasons. I think he has played too well (and like Hartnell brings something not many others do) to move him.

Knuble: makes solid money, so it would clear some room; but he again seems to be proving doubters wrong by putting up good numbers. I think he might be fairly easy to replace in terms of play but I do worry that he has intangibles that would be missed.

Lupul: also makes solid money and an even bigger contract kicks in next year. He's a bit streaky; but I think he does have value around the league. With the re-emergence of Gagne he may not be necessary.

That said I think it needs to be Knuble or Lupul.

It's a tough call.
Hartnell. Just because he brings somethign to the table that nobody else does doesnt mean he is earning his paycheck. If we could move him Id ship him out in a second. Not that I dont like him but shanahan plays somewhat of a similar game but doesnt take retarded penalties and will score more. After this year if shanny is gone we could find someone that is a hartnell type but for much less money.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote