View Single Post
Old
11-05-2008, 11:14 AM
Mustafa*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlighting View Post
No way does Lang become the victim if Sundin signs here. Guys like Lapierre, Kostopolous, even Laraque or Latendresse are more likely to be demoted before Lang.
I think that it's more Lang salary and position that Sundin would take. Latendresse as been playing at the same level than Lang and he's a winger at 850K (the bigest discount on the team).

I believe that Sundin plus a fourth defensmen, not a great defensemen, just someone who can move the puck and be relyable defensivly, a guy in the same mould than Georges, would put our team over the top of the league.

And even thought O'Byrne doesn't look like that guy now he might improve during the season, we never know, he's better than we excepcted when we drafted him, he's a late bloomer and have been improving fast since he arrived in Hamilton, maybe he can't do the same in Montreal.

Saying that about O'Byrne is in the case that BG can't get a fourth defensmen for the team, that's a cross your finger strategy when you couldn't fix the problem. And Brisebois could be another cross your fingers strategy, he played well in the last playoff.

Anyway i dont believe that what Lang brings to the team is comparable to what Sundin would bring to the team, i remember when he pushed around Komisarek last year, the way he goes through trafic and shoot the puck from uneasy angles, he's a 6"5 pest and like to get under the skin of the opponent. Anyways Sundin to the Habs have been discussed long enough, ther's nothing new to be said, either you want him or you dont, and i want him.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote