View Single Post
Old
11-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Qui Gon Dave

vCash: 500
At last, another game is in sight. It was starting to feel like the off-season again. Hopefully we step onto the ice ready to play tomorrow and don't hang around after the opening faceoff again wondering what to do after a long rest period.

The Blue Jackets are certainly a beatable team as far as we are concerned, but if we don't get an early advantage, we may find ourselves having to work slightly harder for a win than previously expected. After watching the Jackets last night, they looked pretty good when they got the puck down low and did pretty well breaking out of their own zone after a turnover. With the way our Dmen have been pinching into the play this year, we will have to be careful as some of their forwards are real quick and they have some very talented players to go with them.

The aspect of the game I am looking forward to, is seeing how many of our forward lines play at or near their best. If the top 3 lines are all decent tomorrow then we should give them some real problems. Their D was running around a little last night against the Oilers and got burned at times. With the guys we have, if they play well, we should be able to get a number of favourable matchups against them, home ice or not. And if Mason is in goal again, then I think our scorers might have some joy against him tomorrow if he continues to look a bit shakey. He didn't get much help last night from his teammates until they started firing the goals in during the 3rd after putting him in a difficult position. If we can get to him early, it might set a tone for the game. I'm guessing we'll get at least one goal high glove on him tomorrow

Should be a good game, can't wait for it, it's been too long