View Single Post
Old
11-06-2008, 09:03 PM
goalchenyuk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Modano isn't the game breaker he was before and is still getting 4.5million... I'd personally take
Koivu > Modano at this stage of both of their respective careers.... but i can see an argument on the other side... and some people in this thread want koivu to take 3m or 3.5 million.... :

Forsberg will probably never play 60 games in a season again and he gets almost 6 million... 60 would be considered very healthy for him... sure he can score when he plays but he never plays.

4.5-5 million for koivu is very fair.

If he's willing to sign a 5 - 4 - 3- 2 contract or something like that we should definetely do it. thats a cap hit of 3.5

but i don't have a problem with a one year 5million contract or a 2 year 9.5 million.
I agree that Modano was overpaid at 4,5 m last 2 seasons ( i don,t know how much he 'll win this season ) but it would be the same kind of overpayment if Gainey re-sign Koivu at 4,75 m$ or more for the next season(s). Geez ! he only got 56 points last season , playing with the best PP and offensive team of the NHL .

We all agree to say that his stats will increase this season , playing with Tanguay . But it will be BECAUSE of Tanguay , not because suddendly Koivu will find back his legs .

Also as i said previously , 4 years is way too long because at one point , the Habs will need to make room to at least one of Desharnais or Maxwell .

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote