View Single Post
Old
11-06-2008, 09:38 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Well Hawks dont have much CAP wiggle room. That is true but we are under the cap with Barker up. So as much as people want to try to play up the Hawks are in a bind angle. The reality is right now we can afford to have both Huet and Khabibulin. And the Hawks do have a 6-3-3 record with the team we have now!

Keep this team together and ride Khabibulin until the deadline and unload him Gainey style to a team that needs better goaltending for playoffs!

As for the Devils! Let them ride Weekes! And when he falters then they will have to pay the price via prospects or picks for a goalie when the league knows that they need one!

And clearly you haven't watched the Hawks!

Khabibulin has played great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If Nikolai is doing the job in Chicago... great. I just don't see Lou pushing the panic button even if Weekes struggles. I see 2 scenarios...

1) Kevin Weekes pulls it off and Brodeur comes back, healthy and ready to go for the SCP.

2) Kevin Weekes struggles, then I can see Lou trading Gionta for prospects and picks and rides the storm for better or worse. If we fail to make the playoffs, we'll just get a better pick in a verry solid draft.

P.S. Who taught that Ty Conklin would do the job he did last year with the Pens... so why isn't it possible for Weekes

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote