View Single Post
Old
11-06-2008, 09:55 PM
Mue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
No,I think he got you fine. It's just that many of us believe that even if he didn't outwardly ask for a trade, he was likely not going to last long in Montreal and would have been traded/lost to FA or something eventually anyway. Given our centres, who needs another small one who is weak on the puck, weak on his feet, and weak in the face off circle... no matter how "talented" he is? Not what Gainey was looking for to compliment Pleks and Saks, so out the door he goes. Toronto can enjoy losing with him, and he can enjoy scoring all the meaningless goals in the world for them now that he has his chance at 20 mins a night.

And that was my position on Grabovski as well. I always thought the kid had the talent to make it but I didn't see where he would fit in with the Habs. With regards to what he is doing for Toronto, obviously he's not going to carry the team, and I never said he was, it's just that he is, simply, playing good hockey - and that goes beyond the points he is putting up. But also, as I already stated, it is way too early to draw any conclusions regarding what kind of season he is having - but I've been impressed with his work ethic, that is for sure.