View Single Post
Old
11-07-2008, 06:36 PM
phlocky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoneyflyguy View Post
Downie was VASTLY overrated by this board.
(there, I said it)
Yup, the ONLY real asset he has shown at this point is that he can muck in the corner. That's not good enough for a first round pick.

Well, all of you wanted your 2nd pairing dman so there you have it. And to think you guys don't like the price we paid??? Holy **** talk about hypocrates. You're fine with offering someone like Lupul for Finger but ***** at getting Carle for Downie and Eminger??? All I can say is WOW.

Carle will bobably come in and be our 3rd best dman tomorrow night. That may not be saying much but he IS an improvement over Sbisa, Eminger, Vannanen, Alberts and Kukkonen. Sbisa may eventually be better than Carle but right now Carle IS better than those other 4.

I thought Eminger was going to work out ok for us but I'm actually excited about this deal. I was actually hoping we'd trade to get Carle last year when SJS were disappointed with him. I thought then that it might only cost us Umberger and as it turns out, I prefer to have the price to get him and 2 3rds (the sum of the 2 trades) for the cost of Downie and John Carlson as opposed to it costing us Sbisa. I may not like Carles cap hit but he is still a solid prospect.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote