View Single Post
Old
11-07-2008, 07:06 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viller View Post
Downie would never had a spot on this team anyway, John Stevens or not... Too many players coming up and they already have a very good set of wingers.

People on this board amaze me sometimes, most of you have been *****ing for a defenseman since the summer. Now that he gets a top 4 guy that cost us a 3rd pairing D and a current 4th liner wich would have never touched our top6 foward, maybe not even our top 9... You guys still keep yapping?

If we had not given a 1st rounder for Eminger, I bet he wouldn't even had made this team. He's been absolutely horrible for the Flyers, I was optimistic about him this summer but after seeing him a few times, hes just not good or Pitkanen stupid, one of the 2... Downie had his moments, like getting a 25 games suspension and sucker punching Jason Blake in the face, aside from that, not much. He's ok offensively but horrible in the defensive zone. Also religiously takes stupid penalties at the worst moments and gets out of position for a hit...

I guess I'm one of the few that likes this trade. Carle is a massive upgrade over Eminger, Alberts and Kukkonen. Hes also gonna be around for a long while unless hes what it takes to get Jay Bouwmeester at the deadline
There's actually a lot of truth with this post, minus the Bouwmeester part. Our defense has sucked massively lately, and we got a top 4 d-man to fill in the voids, when Jones and Parent come back I'm hoping they'll help out. Carle can generally move well but hit hard, at least what I remember about him, so except for price, which is only because I don't think he's proven his value yet, this is a decent trade and I think we got more back than a lot of people think.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote