View Single Post
Old
11-08-2008, 10:59 AM
WeThreeKings

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Yeah, Andrei Kostitsyn was absolutely horrible last season on the left wing. I mean, the guy couldn't play at all. Totally useless. If you have to skate on one side of the rink instead of the other, all of your skill goes down the drain. Albatross city. Wingers can never change the wing they play on or else they become terrible hockey players. I mean, did you see his shootout attempt in Columbus? Had he been playing on the right wing, it would have went in.

Carbo!!!
Okay, this was a serious overreaction.

No, Andrei Kostitsyn was not horrible at LW last season. But if you want to look at Andrei's highlight package, care to tell me how many of his best plays came off his RW? How about his sick assist to Plekanec during the Isles game, what side was he on? His flying the through the air batting the puck in vs. Philly, what side was he on? When he deked the entire Thrashers team and scored, what side was he on? When he deked out the Capitals and owned Kolzig, what side was he on? When he knocked down Richards, got the puck and wristed it by Biron, what side was he on?

Ask Qui Gon Dave who's seen the majority of A. Kostitsyn's career beginning in the AHL, he'll tell you exactly what kind of a player A. Kostitsyn is on the RW. It's well documented that he's more dynamic and he can use his skill set better coming down the right wing.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote