View Single Post
Old
11-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Qui Gon Dave

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gc2005 View Post
Anyone know how many games Sergei and Andrei played together at a high level before they both became members of the Canadiens? I'm thinking maybe 10 or 20? Far less than the number of games Andrei has played with Pleks and Kovy. Is it just because they both have Kostitsyn on the back of their sweater that everyone thinks they have to play together?
I don't think it's that, I think it's more the fact that they can make great plays when on the ice to each other. They both made great back door passes to each other for goals last year against the Sens and Rags, they set each other up well against Boston in at least one if not more games last year, the play that tied the game last night and I'm sure there are others. They have a natural understanding of how each other plays and their tendancies, they grew up together, no-one else on the Habs has that background to work with. I think that especially after the play last night and some of the goals they worked last year, people really want to see just how good they could be together. It's not just because of their names, it's because of what the guys in those jerseys do when they are on the ice together.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote