View Single Post
Old
11-08-2008, 12:21 PM
Hockey Outsider

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Bless Canada View Post
Will Hajt be partnered with Ozolinsh? If he is, that will be Hajt's greatest challenge. Facing Lafleur or Middleton on a 1-on-1 will be a breeze compared to covering up Ozo's defensive blunders.
It will likely use Ozolinsh as my #7 defenseman. He will be in the press box unless I want additional speed or PP scoring.

I'm pleased to reunite George Hay with his centre, Dick Irvin, on my 3rd line. He has enough scoring ability to earn a spot on any team's second line... still, his work ethic, ability to play an aggressive but clean game, and speed & positioning that will make him successful on the third line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach Jack Adams
I've seen a lot of good ones, but none who had more stuff than George. He was in a class with Aurial Joliat, Jack Walker, Bun Cook or Harvey Jackson. He could do everything, that fellow. Besides, he was one of the easiest players to handle I ever had -- always in condition, always on the job, always willing to play any position. He never got into any trouble on the ice and was rarely sent to the penalty box.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportswriter Sam Green
He ranked with the great forwards of the game, combining speed and poise, aggressiveness and finesse, with unsurpassed mechanical ability.
George Hay's career timeline:
1922: WCHL first-team all-star, 5th in goals, 3rd in assists, 4th in scoring
1923: WCHL first-team all-star, 2nd in goals, 3rd in points
1924: WCHL first-team all-star, 3rd in goals, 3rd in points
1926: WHL first-team all-star, 5th in goals, 5th in points
1927: top ten in assists (NHL)
1928: 4th in Hart voting (highest-ranked LW), 3rd in points & assists, 5th in goals (NHL)
1929: top ten in assists & points (NHL)

I should be around for most of the day. Send your lists here.

Last edited by Hockey Outsider: 11-08-2008 at 12:49 PM.
Hockey Outsider is offline   Reply With Quote