View Single Post
Old
11-08-2008, 01:41 PM
LyleOdelein

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Its easy to be stubborn when Andrei - Pleks - Kovalev was among the top lines in the entire league last year. They really didn't start lighting it up till the end of November.... I think we should give them 20-25 games to really get going.

I mean the start of the year has been tough for them... long layoffs coupled with Andrei's injury. This is a good stretch where they can actually find some consistency in their games; and its not like its hurting us at this point either... we have 18/22 points.
You nailed it Beaker. Everybody loves the fact that the Kostys will have natural chemistry together but you can't dismantle a line that was so effective last year, just to play them together. In order for the Habs to succeed, it's critical for Kovalev to succeed and produce. I don't think that the same thing can be said about S. Kost yet. If the line begins to struggle and new lines are tested, then it's a excellent viable option to play the brothers together, but at this point it would not be the smartest coaching move.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote