View Single Post
Old
11-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Lone Rogue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Okay, this was a serious overreaction.
It's because I see posts like this all of the time. People think that just because a guy started on a certain wing, he should belong there his entire career. I still see posts about Tanguay needing to play on the Left Wing, when on the right he has been scoring at a better pace than maybe ever in his career on the Right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
No, Andrei Kostitsyn was not horrible at LW last season. But if you want to look at Andrei's highlight package, care to tell me how many of his best plays came off his RW? How about his sick assist to Plekanec during the Isles game, what side was he on? His flying the through the air batting the puck in vs. Philly, what side was he on? When he deked the entire Thrashers team and scored, what side was he on? When he deked out the Capitals and owned Kolzig, what side was he on? When he knocked down Richards, got the puck and wristed it by Biron, what side was he on?
Good point, but of course, we could also look at some Guy Lafleur tapes and come to the conclusion that he should have been a Left Winger with all of those goals on the opposite wing

Andrei Kostitsyn is fine. The fact everyone forgets he had a slow start last season, and his slow starts used to be what kept him in the AHL, he'll be fine once the season progresses. Maybe once Kovalev retires, we'll see Andrei go back to the right, which I'd be cool with it, because I think he'll be great on either wing.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote