Old
07-09-2004, 12:18 PM
Kickabrat
WHAT - ME WORRY?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SENS_FAN_09
Can you blame him?

Anyway, hes good regular season, but he just closes down during the playoffs (like some of the sens
Don't know about that. By all accounts he was playing with torn rib cartilage last year. Which is quite remarkable since this would have inhibited his breathing, and made it extremely painful anytime he took a skating stride never mind absorbing a body check.

As far as I'm concerned it would be worth giving him an offer sheet to force the Bruins to sign him or take him away from a division rival. The cost is at most 5 first round draft picks.

Check out the storey on TSN.ca where they conclude .."While this brief history seems to show that a superstar player is well worth five first round picks, it also seems unlikely that any restricted free agents will be receiving offers any time soon. But it's not losing picks that has potential deals on hold - it's the size of the contracts that would be required to force a team's hand.

http://www.tsn.ca/tools/print_feature.asp?fid=9273

Considering where the Sens will most likely be drafting in the first round over the next 5 years and the fact that they will have assets they can trade to get draft picks to re stock I say go ahead.