View Single Post
Old
11-08-2008, 08:05 PM
myrocketsgotcracked

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamonddog01 View Post
Funny how it's Vancouver fans complaining. A line-up with Sundin and Carter as your 1st and 2nd line centres is better than a line-up with Sundin and Sedin, especially going into the playoffs in the Western Conference imo. Sometimes trades aren't about getting exactly fair value or ripping other teams off, they're about making your team better. IMO this does this for all three teams, obviously I'm in the minority here.

If my fellow Canuck fans are that displeased with it than Philly can throw us a first or Nodl or any of the other packages they proposed for JBo.

As to why Vancouver is involved in that case in the first place - FLA already has a young, big, top 6 centre in Horton and would probably get more production out of the Sedins than Carter. Conferences and divisions and playoff aspirations all come into play here.
not sure if philly wants to trade carter + 1st for a soon-to-be UFA jbo. and depending on what the sedins signed for, i think florida might want carter + 1st over the twins

myrocketsgotcracked is offline   Reply With Quote