View Single Post
Old
11-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
4th dman targets?

some people will immediately start complaining about this being a knee-jerk reaction...
some people will point to our 8-2-2 record and say "if it ain't broke why fix it"...
some people will (amazingly) try to argue that giving brisebois any ice time whatsoever is somehow a good thing...

to you I say move on, nothing to discuss here

to everyone else, I ask who do you think, from a realistic point of view, Gainey is/should be targeting to bring in (be it in the near future, or later near the deadline) to shore up our d depth?

To me, it is painfully obvious (as it was last year) that this team NEEDS another reliable body to play top 4 dman minutes.

my number 1 target would be:

D.Morris (pho)
- good skater, RD, plays decent physical game, moves the puck well, last year of a manageable contract (assuming we cut some deadwood), playing for a team that conceivably will be in a position to move him without needing to get back current NHL talent (i.e for picks/prospects)

other guys that might make sense: Leopold (Col), Boucher (Dallas), Ohlund (Van), though all three of those would likely come with a bigger "price tag" and might not be available.

Who would you target?