Thread: Suspend Kosto
View Single Post
Old
11-09-2008, 09:52 AM
JrHockeyFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
I know he was called for boarding, but what I found funny was that the dude he hit hit the boards with his shoulder (IIRC). I didn't think there was much impact either.

Is Komisarek gonna start receiving boarding calls when he stops players on the boards? Because by the definition you posted, Komisarek "violentely" slams MANY players against the boards.

Let's just put styrofoam and bubble wrap on these boards so these girlymen stop whining.
There are degrees of "violently" as well as the point of contact. A body hits the boards flush and usually nothing comes out of it. A head hits the boards/glass first and it moves into a different area

Where it becomes "unfair" at times is when you get a guy penalized for making a good clean effective hit. Sometimes a ref just decides the hit was too hard. the Boarding rule allows that latitude and so do charging calls when boards are not involved

I think a line is being drawn to avoid an eventual catastrophy

The NFL faced this with those monster hits. They would have weekly highlite reels of them. When guys started getting quad paralysis injuries they had to tighten up on the rules. It was the best thing for the safety of all. same thing in hockey. do we have to have a catastrophy to prove a point?