View Single Post
Old
11-10-2008, 03:06 PM
RE-HABS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan1818 View Post
My father was a big fan of the Montreal Canadiens. Unfortunately, the last game he saw was that shootout win against Carolina. He died during that night.

The last time I spoke to him was to tell him that I had bought our tickets for the game against the Trashers a few weeks from now.

That will be the 2nd NHL game I am going to see live. The 1st one was a Nordiques-Habs in the Colisée during the 93-94 season. I was almost 6 years old and I was with him.
Back then he was cheering for Quebec (and so was I !) but he did change his allegiance a few years after they were gone. According to a friend of mine , that late conversion should open for him the doors of heaven. We buried is jersey with his ashes.

My point is that I got suggested to leave something behind when I will go to the Bell Centre. It would be to do a symbolic gesture to recognize that he was the man who tought me and my little brothers everything he knew about hockey.

I will probably put somewhere in the stadium a photocopy of that little newspaper article that there is when somebody dies and to write GO HABS GO on it. I you have any other idea go ahead. This is why I made this thread.
My condolences to you. My Dad and I share a great bond in hockey as well and I totally relate to your story.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote