Thread: It is time!
View Single Post
Old
11-10-2008, 02:26 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
I've always maintained that Trotz has generally gotten more out of his team than the majority of other coaches. Last year's playoff performance and the season in general, were probably Trotz's best efforts as a coach. He had eerily similar results to the 03-04 campaign. With that said, I do think that Trotz's style has clear weaknesses. Those weaknesses are on clear display when we travel on the road and in our playoff losses. If we did overhaul the coaching staff, I'm not sure how much would change point wise. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we took a step back in terms of our record. However, I do think our team would be more prepared for playoff hockey...I'm not sure Trotz 'gets' it in regards to how to win in the playoffs. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm right. The Sharks could just be one of those teams we are unable to beat (although regular season records would show differently). I will give him a pass against the Wings as we outplayed them in 04, almost winning that series, and this past year we simply did not have close to the talent to compete. Both of the Wings series went just about as well as could be expected. In fact, we were the only team to truly change the Wings last season...