View Single Post
Old
11-10-2008, 03:42 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

vCash: 500
Your three stars/three busts so far...

Who are your three stars/three busts after 12 games as far as the Habs are concerned?

I thought it would make a change to create a simple thread to recap the start we're off to...

Well, here's my take :

Three stars :

La troisième étoile, the third star : Roman Hamrlik

Hammer has not done anything spectacular, but after watching the game against the Leafs, I don't think anybody can say Hammer is not important to this team. This guy completely transforms our D-Core and makes it one of the best in the league. Without it, our D-core is average at best.

La deuxième étoile, the second star : Alex Tanguay

Tanguay is unbeleivable. What a start for this player! He's playing a great positional game. He's had his up and downs like every single player in the NHL, but as far as I'm concerned, I've got nothing to say against him. Some games, we don't particularly notice him, but it's mainly because he makes quick decisions and that's why he creates so many opportunities. His sense of the game is just unreal. Fantastic player.

La première étoile, the first star : Andrei Markov

Let me explain. More often than not, Markov was left alone by his linemate, Mike Komisarek. More often than not, he had to repair its mistakes, and play for both in all three zones. Andrei is also off to a great start offensively. He's made some bad plays, but he plays about half of the game, and he has the puck so much... it's just normal for him to make many bad plays... Fortunately, he has about 5 times more good plays than bad plays... Go Andrei!

Three busts :

The third bust : Mike Komisarek

Mike is still playing an intense game and is not brutal, but as far as I'm concerned, he's not playing even close to what he can...

The second bust : Patrice Brisebois

Doesn't seem to bring anything, is playing even less of a physical game than he did last year, and contributes marginally...

The first bust : Ryan O'Byrne

Wow... Can somebody wake him up please. The kid has to grow better, and as soon as possible. He's now 24, and a lot of young D-Men down there are waiting for their time to come... I doubt he'll finish the year as a regular... The only solution for him, IMO, is Hamilton, and we'd have to lose him through waivers... But I say let's be patient with him. I'd throw the towel on Breezer way before OB...

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote