Thread: Line Combos: Line ideas
View Single Post
Old
11-10-2008, 05:08 PM
DUHockey9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
I guess now that Downie is gone, he needs a new whipping boy....

I want to hear the Steven's supporters explain this one
I'm never really one to be rash, but last year I felt that Stevens should be fired but the team turned it around and I thought I was wrong. I thought maybe it was just taking some time for the team to come around.

Not any longer. He really is the worst coach I can remember (I'm 22 and admittedly have never paid as much attention to a coach as I do now). I see no semblance of any system, constant hail mary breakout passes, dump ins on a PP when NO ONE is moving with any speed to go get, awful personnel decisions, and hypocrisy in his treatment of players (Downie vs everyone else).

I recently got NHL center ice so I've had the pleasure of watching at least one other game every night. When you see other teams (mind you other BAD teams, such as Florida) move the puck out of their zone, and move as team, it becomes clear how far ahead of us everyone else is. When our D-men have the puck we don't have a forward in the screen (tv-screen of course). Watch any other game, and there are always forwards in sight. And I don't blame the forwards...it's definitely his "system" because if it weren't he'd do something about it (I hope).

I've personally played hockey for coaches that I (as well as my teammates) thought were a complete joke. When a team doesn't want to win for their coach, he's got to go. How do you get a team to want to win for their coach? Treat players fairly and put them in positions to succeed. John Stevens doesn't do either of those.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote