View Single Post
Old
11-11-2008, 08:44 AM
LyleOdelein

vCash: 500
I'm sort of happy with this story arising (aside from the loss on the Habs' part).

I was sort of rooting for the hard-working, underdog Leafs earlier in the year. Their team has so little skill, but they were working hard, finishing checks and playing a solid system. I've always sort of liked Antropov, Coliacovo, Steen and Toskala. I didn't really hate anybody on their team, especially compared to when they had Domi, Green, McCabe, Corson, Tucker, Roberts, etc. I haven't truly had hatred for them in several seasons. After Saturday night, I have a player to root against. Grabovski scored against the Habs (which really doesn't help my approval rating of him), but worse, proceeded to throw cheap shots, dive and showboat. It was the perfect showing to rile me up.

It's also nice to see the Leafs fans getting passionate and obnoxious again, boasting about what a steal Grabs was 15 games into the season. It'll be nice to see how they respond to the team when they slump, and Grabs when he falls back to Earth.

Even if it's short term, I am legitimately rooting against three teams again (Bruins, Sens and Leafs), and that's not a bad thing in my books. I actually felt a little bad for the Leafs when the Habs pasted them in the second game of the season, now I would love to see the next game be a blowout of epic proportions.

LyleOdelein is online now   Reply With Quote