View Single Post
Old
11-11-2008, 11:20 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I said this in the fire Stevens thread and I've also said this to the start of this year, but I still think the lines should have been as follows:

Gagne - Richards - Lupul
Upshall - Carter - Briere
Hartnell - Metro - Knuble
Cote - Matsumoto - Asham

Over course, you could always swap between Metro and Matsumoto, but I think that those lines would be the best way to go. Richards and Gagne proved that they can work together and Richards and Lupul have also shown in the past that they are effective. Why not have all three of them together? And seeing as to how Carter and Upshall play the game at full speed ahead, why not have Briere on that line as well? He'd be able to keep up with them and he'd be the guy who can distribute the puck on that line. Upshall would be the pest and Carter could launch his rocket wrist shot from the slot.

Some people call this lineup soft, but the only reason I think it's soft is simply because there doesn't seem to be any sort of system/game plan in place. As I mentioned in the fire Stevens thread, I really thought that the way the Flyers were building, Stevens was going to implement a puck possession system, but after watching the team, it's clear that nobody knows what kind of system John's trying to implement.
Briere on Richard's wing didnt work so I doubt it will work with Carter. Briere at center with Gags works. I really wouldnt change that. I was one of the few that didnt like Briere at wing so I hope he stays in the middle.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote