Old
11-11-2008, 03:51 PM
hlundqvist30*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGSpot View Post
Its defintely not Blackburn.

Heres an excerpt from his wiki

He retired after missing the entire 200304 NHL season due to a nerve injury sustained just before training camp to his left shoulder. He had nerve exploration surgery on March 31, 2004, then made an attempt to return to hockey, sporting a pair of blockers rather than the conventional blocker/catcher combination, as his injury rendered him incapable of rotating his glove hand. On February 1, 2005, he joined the ECHL Victoria Salmon Kings going 390, with a 3.54 GAA in 12 games. On September 15, during the Rangers training camp, he suffered a strained MCL. Subsequently, Blackburn announced his retirement on September 25. Had Blackburn continued to attempt a comeback, he would have forfeited an insurance payout of approximately 6 million dollars.

After retiring, Dan enrolled at Arizona State University. Afterwards he became manager of business development for Goaltender Development Institute. He currently resides in Dallas, Texas and Waltham, Massachusetts.[citation needed] When asked if he ever envisioned a return to hockey, he was quoted as saying, "Never, I doubt I will ever put goalie pads on again. I don't have interest in playing net." He also stated, "It's not bittersweet, you know what? I don't really miss it anymore - it's been such a long time. It was a chapter of my life and I'm on to the next....I don't have any regrets at all about what transpired or the way things happened for me. I really enjoy what I do now in the business world....From my point of view, I was really fortunate, even though I was only there for a couple of years. It really set up the rest of my life for all the things that I want to do, from there on out." [3].

He would lose 6 million of his insurance payout if he returned.

And Cherneski is pretty much done with the busted Patella.

Lyon just recently signed a contract with the Charlotte Checkers. As of Oct 31st.
I don't think the Blackburn and Cherneski references were supposed to be taken seriously.

The more I think about it, the more I think it's Lyon Messier. If it were some good prospect they would probably have taken a different approach than stressing how it's a feel good story that everyone will love.