Thread: News Article: Begin Speaks to Carbs
View Single Post
Old
11-13-2008, 11:19 AM
LilWinger11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Itís really sadÖThe guy is a warrior and an absolute beast. But Kostopoulos is younger and better. Itís just natural progression. Begin should honestly just hang em up and maybe see if he can take a position off the ice in the organization. He deserves itÖUnfortunately, with the amount of injuries heís suffered and his chronic back and knee and everything issues, itís a matter of quality of life for the future. I know he wants to keep playing but a guy like him will want to keep playing until he physically canít anymore. And heíll still keep trying, even if he canít walk.
Agreed 100%. I love the guy, and he strikes me as the kind of athlete who's gonna have a tough time walking away from playing. But unless Kosto or Dandy is injured, I'm not sure where his place with us is at the moment other than the press box. Swap him into the lineup every couple of weeks to keep in sharp; who knows, we may be very glad to have him later in the season in case of injuries, especially if we can unload Dandy somewhere at the deadline. It really sucks to see a guy with his heart and work ethic be so close to finished at 30.

LilWinger11 is offline   Reply With Quote