View Single Post
Old
11-13-2008, 12:52 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
The guy's making a million bucks. Next year, he should see if the CH make him a minimum offer and if so, sign it, if not his agent should look for offers and when all avenues are exhausted, hang 'em up. When you retire, you retire for a long time, it's time for a guy like him when he's out of options.

If he physically can't, it's different, but he can still play a limited role, though it's tough for a proud guy to understand that.
No I agree...It's a tough decision for anyone to make, let alone a young guy who loves hockey as much as he does. I just worry about his body. He's hurt all the time and it doesn't stop him. Retirement might suck for him, but so does not being able to play with your kids. He's going to have back problems for the rest of his life as it is...It'll only get worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
Bégin is better than Dandy. Dandy is a natural D, practices as a D, but has played tons of RW last year and this year. Now, he is playing his off wing, LW, and is considered less of a liability that Bégin is, and Bégin is a natural LW. Begin hits, Dandy hardly. Begin shoots, Dandy hardly. Begin brings energy, Dandy hardly. Begin blocks shots, Dandy hardly. Begin can fight, Dandy wouldn't even think of it. What a slap in the face this is to Begin! No he's not better than Kosto or Lapierre and no he's not as valuable as BGL, but come on, Dandy?
I prefer him to Dandy as well, but Dandenault hasn’t been horrible this year and most (or all?) of our wins came with Dandy in the lineup.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote