Thread: News Article: Begin Speaks to Carbs
View Single Post
Old
11-13-2008, 06:04 PM
gillyguzzler

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
That's why I said you didn't know how to read stats.

Yes he hits more, but he takes more penalties, so how is that better? Not to mention, in most cases, we were left smacking our foreheads because of those penalties. And especially knowing Carbs is praising discipline at the moment. -1 Begin

Yes he fought more, but Dandy still will sticks up for his linemates (koivu example). We also have better fighters than Begin in our line up, so the fact he fights more does not justify choosing him over Dandy and means very little at this time. -1 Begin

Yes he shoots more, but Dandy has 3x his goal total. Begin has a 4.5 S% while Dandy has a 13 S%. how is that favoring Begin?
Like I said, it's about QUALITY NOT QUANTITY -1 Begin

Yes he has more blks while SH, Dandy has more on ES. That evens them out.

The ratio for Giveaways per game for Dandy is .31 and Begin .27
But the ratio for Takaways per game for Dandy is .27 and Begin .18
So its fair to say they're pretty even in that department as well.

But I'll give you the +/- even if I find this stat doesn't translate anything seeing as they both played on the same line.

So, like I said, you don't know how to read stats or you were just blinded. If we were to listen to you, Begin is miles ahead of Dandy. This couldn't be further from the truth at this point. Not only is Dandy playing great for a 4th liner, but Begin's role is already being filled by a much younger and more effective Lapierre (and Kosto when playing). So his services are not really needed anymore on the 4th line because of Max. A guy like Dandy which quicker feet, and a better finishing touch brings more options to the 4th line.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote