View Single Post
Old
11-14-2008, 09:59 AM
Captain Ron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chruceg View Post
I'm not disagreeing with you but I like to think that Hickey knows he can control the puck well and make great passes. I'm hoping he's actively trying to work on becoming more defensively sound at the sacrifice of his offensive numbers. We do have to remember that he was the last defenseman cut and Teubert was the first. Obviously that means nothing about their long term potential ... just pointing it out.

And just so you know I've only seen a few you tube clips and have never seen him play. I'm basing this entirely on speculation.
I actually have no problem with Hickey working of the defensive side of his game....but not at the expense of his offense (his #1 asset). Because I would bet you that if in his draft year Hickey was putting up the kind of numbers he is this year (so far) he would not even be considered for the first round....let alone the top 10. Being well rounded is one thing....but his offense still needs to be his #1 priority, because with his size (or lack thereof) he is not going to break into the NHL being a defense first kind of guy.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote