Thread: Laraque Speaks
View Single Post
Old
11-14-2008, 04:03 PM
Blades 0f Steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I think you misunderstood what he was saying.

He meant that Thornto and Chara are heavyweights, if they would of been running around like Lucic was last night and he would of approached them to fight, they would of accepted because they're heavyweights. Lucic was running around and didn't want to throw with Laraque...not much he can do

What do you all expect laraque to do...just cold **** a guy in the head no matter what? This is what I feared when we signed Laraque, people don't understand the role of a respected pugilist like Laraque. People expect him to run around and act like Jeff Kugel ?(youtube it if you don't remember). That's not how it works...I really like Lucic, but I didn't think he was such a weasel. Eventually, he'll have to throw down with BGL...especially after his antics last night
At the very least, a roughing penalty?

There have been many fights this year where a player clearly instigated a fight but wasn't given a penalty for it. If he's seriously worried that either a shove or facewash which leads to a fight will get him an instigator, then we're in for a long season, my friend.

2 years ago, I agree, they called instigator penalties like they were going out of style. Look at a guy c0ckeyed, get an instigator, a little shove, get the instigator. The past few seasons they've let the enforcers be a little more aggressive in order to get a fight going. It's only BGL that hasn't taken notice.

Besides which, the fight with Fedoruk, he wasn't too concerned with the instigator there. Jumped right off the bench, made a bee-line for the guy & dropped his mitts after a hard check. Fedoruk still had his gloves on.

Last edited by Blades 0f Steel: 11-14-2008 at 04:08 PM.