Thread: Laraque Speaks
View Single Post
Old
11-14-2008, 05:09 PM
Ross MacLochness

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
The interview was riddled with inconsistencies. He fights according to the “code”, which is a set of conventions that revolve around respect. He doesn’t respect Lucic because of his junior league antics. So why does the code apply? He mentions that according to the “code” Chara and/or Thornton would not be able to turn him down, but it sure looked like Thornton did later in the game (though to be fair neither guy was guilty of running around).

Bottom line, it’s time to update the code, when your opponent does not play by the Marquess of Queensberry’s rules neither should you.
I think that's the main point. If Thornton was runnin' around causin' ****, and he had been the one to hammer Kovalev, then he'd defintely have answered the bell when Laraque came around. And he knows it.

But about Lucic, I'm not sure what Laraque is supposed to do, other than go jump him when the game was 6-1 and out of reach. When the game was close, BGL wanted to fight and Lucic ran away. So he can't jump him then. When the game is 6-1, Lucic would defintely still have declined. So I don't really know...