View Single Post
Old
11-14-2008, 05:20 PM
HCH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
TK is 100x better than Stewart....

skate better?? joke.... better hands??? JOKE, Jason Ward was the leading scorer in the AHL you can't compare his small AHL production and think he is better offensively than TK.....

Kostopolous, Begin, and Dandenault bring something to the game that Stewart doesn't.... and thats PK skills...

There are honestly 6 or 7 forwards in Hamilton i would recall before stewart.
TK is 100x better than Stewart? That is an interesting evaluation. And yes, he is a better skater bhan both TK and Begin.

Stewart wouldn't be brought in to fill the net so why even bring up comparisons with Jason Ward's scoring ability or anyone else who may have led the Bulldogs. On the other hand he is a better skater than Ward and a lot tougher.... seems like a good sikll set for a fourth line player. We have nine other forwards that are paid handsomely to score goals.

TK, Begin, Laracque, Lapierre and Dandenault have a total of 3 goals and 2 assists in a total of 58 man games played. Offensively, there couldn't be much of a drop off with Stewart.

I agree that there might be 6 or 7 players in Hamilton with better offensive skills than Stewart but there is no chance of using a guy like Maxwell or Paciorerty as a role player. When they are ready to contribute it will on one of the top three lines. In the meantime, we could use a good aggressive forward

Penalty killing? The coaching staff consider Dandenault and Begin so effective that they only dress them for half the games. Begin is 13th in shorthanded minutes per game played and Dandenault is 14th in shorthanded minutes per game played. It's obvious that neither are playing key roles in that department.

I wouldn't say that Stewart is the solution to all problems but he would provide those characteristics that I described earlier at a lower cost, without a significant drop off in offensive production and without jeopardizing the penalty kill.

Tell me one more time why he shouldn't be considered.

HCH is online now   Reply With Quote