View Single Post
Old
11-15-2008, 01:20 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Sometimes I really wonder about the coaching methods of Carbo. Then I think, we finished 1st last year, and we still have a good record so far.

But I really did not understand why he decided to break off our bread and butter last season. That is just a mystery to me.

I mean, seeing as we lost Streit, I was expecting to see some minor changes. Like adding Lats and putting A.Kost on the point since he probably has the strongest shot.
Or something of this nature.
Not switch Kovy on the other side, and letting Markov take the shots is probably the stupidest idea ever!..
How can anybody think about turning your PP QB into a Sniper??.. All this while not replacing a QB..

You even see it when Kovy plays on PP, he skates around to go back to the same position he held last year.

Carbo screwed up big time with this.
I think the coaching staff thought that Markov would replace Streit since they're not that different skills-wise(on the pp). And Tanguay is a great passer so put him on the left. I had no problem with that since it worked beautifully on the first match against the Leafs. You had that pairing plus Kovy at his usual position on the right, Koivu in the middle since he likes to get his nose dirty. And a right-hand man with skills in Lang on the left. This PP had so much skills it was scary and they scored easily. So why didn't they kept it impact after that? I think Plek and Andrei should never be on the PP, they're completly useless.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote