View Single Post
Old
11-15-2008, 01:25 PM
Krautso

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
I mentioned nothing about stats, I said contribute, whether you consider contributing only by stats, that`s one thing, Lucic`s contributions stretch far beyone numbers
You'll have to enlighten me to what "contributing in ALL areas" means then. Stats are currently recorded for goals, assists, hits, blocked shots, plus/minus, giveaways, takeaways, penalties. He does throw alot of hits but doesn't rank anywhere near "solid contributor" in any of those other categories. They track the stats that reflect a players contribution/activity in the game. They don't tell the whole story but they can certainly come in useful to debunk bullcrap statements like "you guys don't have anyone that does as much for your team as lucic does for the bruins" when statistically, he does very little to contribute towards bruin victories. In fact, statistically, he is a below average top 6 winger in every way. He doesn't even project to ever be a top 6 winger by anyone other than bruins fans. Comparing him to neely who was a premiere goal scoring power forward is ridiculous. Neely could throw down, so can Shannahan, Iginla, Vinny, etc. The comparison between lucic and any of those guys begins and ends with being able to fight. He is more comparable to tie domi with his sideshow antics and taunting than to any of those guys.

Krautso is offline   Reply With Quote