View Single Post
Old
11-15-2008, 03:23 PM
mariolemieux66

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krautso View Post
The only soft regular forwards on the team are Pleks, Tanguay and A.Kost. I would say the rest of the forwards battle through the tough checking pretty well. MTL needs to get back to making the puck do all the work. We are missing our crisp passing game and trying to do too much individual dangling to create opportunities. If they work harder off the puck they will be much more successful.

DET plays a puck possession passing game which makes grinding much less important. MTL can and has played that way as well. Active sticks, good shot blocking and good positioning is how you play defense in the new NHL. MTL can do that, and they have at times. When they get away from it, they don't fare so well.

I don't think sacrificing talent for pluggers is a good strategy.
Detroit with Zettererg, Datsyuk Hossa, Holmstrom and Frazen at forward are faster, more skilled and grittier then montreal. Detroit also have a top 3 dmen in the league and a top 10 dmen in the league in Lidstrom and Rafalski.
I think we cant compare Montreal to Detroit.Montreal has to find their own identity.

mariolemieux66 is offline   Reply With Quote