View Single Post
Old
11-15-2008, 02:35 PM
Kmaz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO View Post
I guess it's fair to say that the Danes develop well-rounded hockey players

I can't comment on the other two yet, as I've only seen a couple of Boedker's games and haven't seen Nielsen play yet... but Hansen looks to be a solid 2-way player, being a perfect fit on the right side with Kesler and Burrows, forming the canucks top shutdown line. He's played every game against the top lines, while playing on the PK and not getting any PP time, and has 7 pts in 11 games. He's also been a prominent part of that line, and isn't just being carried by better players. Looks to have all the tools too... very good skater, good shot, works his butt off every shift.

Still early in his career, but he looks like a solid all-around player who'll only get better.
The only knock I'd have on Hansen ths year is that he hasn't finished all of his opportunities. There's been times (I think twice) that all he has to do is finish off a one timer for a goal and he has whiffed on the shot or put it wide. Apart from those 2 obvious times, he has done a great job.

I'd like to see him wth the Sedins at some point. He can cycle with them and looks to be smart enough to know when to break it and where to go. Unfortunately, with the criticism I offered before, he could end up like most Sedinmates and not get the shot off when it's given.

Kmaz is offline   Reply With Quote