vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SENS_FAN_09
I agree with sensfan, mostly because- just look at our LW:

-Schaefer
-Varada
-Vermette
-Langfeld

Lets get some grit here and add Wiemer, who can also play centre, like Vermette. When that hapens, move Langfeld up to LW from the minors.
I am all for getting more grit and adding Weimer but there are only 4 spots at LW or centre who gets cut to make room for Weimer? If you put Weimer at centre and Langfeld on left wing and I assume that Vermette is also on LW who then gets cut? (White, Smolinski, Varada or Schaefer)

On a thread I submitted asking who was better Varada or Schaefer, most people thought Schaefer was the better of the two. If White were to be traded that would make room for Weimer at almost the same cost but you lose White's offense to gain Weimer's grit. It's a ficious circle, reminds me when everyone was screaming for Jacques to play Spezza in the playoffs two years ago and when he did he sat out Neil which pissed off the people who wanted more grit.

There are 4 things this team needs:
1. a legitimate #1 centre = Fedorov,
2. a 1st or 2nd line power LW forward = Eric Cole / Ethan Moreau,
3. a scrappy, tough, good on face offs, will drop them from time to time 4th line centre = Weimer.
4. a legitimate heavyweight enforcer would also help a lot = Lacroque, Mike Brown or McGratton in Bingo.