Thread: News Article: Nylander trade watch
View Single Post
Old
11-16-2008, 12:29 PM
C-A-P-S

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
But but but....I thought center depth was key! I thought Nylander was nearly a point per game player! This was unthinkable!! Trade Nylander?! Bah!!

Nah...I'm not rubbing it in or anything.
Hey, you haven't heard me say I want him traded. I've said I think he's played poorly and he looks totally out of it so I wouldn't be surprised if he is traded.

Personally, what I find troubling about this team is that during this winning streak only 1 line has been producing. While its exciting to see a SOB line generate ridculous offense. Thats a big problem.

They need at a minimum two lines that can score, and if they want to go deep in the playoffs they need to roll three lines who can create offense.

Personally, I would not trade Nylander yet and wait to see if you can generate some balanced offense amongst the different lines. Its only been 20 games into the season. I'd do the lines this way when we get Feds and Semin healthy.

Ovy -Backstrom - Kozlov/Laich
Semin - Feds - Clark
Flash - Nylander - Laich/Kozlov
Brash - Stecks - Brads

Ovy and Backstrom are back to scoring regualrly with or without Semin so Kozzie and Laich would be good fits on their wing. There's no need to overload the 1st line. Spread it out.

Clark is not going to stop a Semin line from scoring no matter how slow he is, since Feds and Semin have been a consistent offensive threat all season.

And Nylander who I think has worked will with Flash all season would really benefit from having a either Laich or Kozlov on his line for more than 1 game.

I just think despite his lethargic play if you don't surround an offensive center with guys who can generate offense (I am talking about Clark) there is only so much he can do.