Old
11-16-2008, 02:19 PM
reidy
@reidjjackson

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to reidy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Like most of your defenceman when they are on the ice.
Ah yes, as proven by the Bruins leading the Northeast division! Nice try.

What you people fail to realize is, Lucic isn't our goon. He's not running around looking for fights, contrary to what many here would have you believe. He's a power forward, putting guys through the boards and putting the fear of God into defensemen throughout the league. Look no further than last Saturday night's game against Buffalo, where 20-year veteran Teppo Numminem peeled off an icing and allowed Lucic to get the puck in the corner instead of being permanently fused with the end-boards at TD Banknorth. Lucic immediately fed Bergeron in the slot for a beauty of a chance.

He plays a tough, in-your-face style of hockey very similar to Komisarek. It just so happens those two players had quite a few run-ins over the last year, and the fight between them was inevitable. It happened, Lucic was understandably amped after dropping Komi, and he showed his excitement afterward. That's it. It's over.

Our 1st line winger has no need to "answer the bell" against your 4th line antiquated goon. BGL is more useful to Boston on the ice than off. He doesn't hit, doesn't generate any offense to speak of, and can barely keep up with the play. Lucic, meanwhile, is drilling players legally, scoring at a 25 goal pace at the ripe old age of 20, and skating with Marc Savard. That's as absurd a trade-off as I've ever seen.

And like I said earlier, I really don't think BGL and the Canadiens want to get into a toughness match with Boston for the rest of the year. Let's say BGL tires of Milan scaring every single one of your players and decides to force him to fight, ala the Ruutu fight last year. You really don't think Zdeno Chara will come calling for BGL immediately? I'd hate to be BGL against a crazed Chara, check YouTube to see what the big man is capable of when he gets pissed. Not a good idea.

Worry about beating us on the scoresheet, as I have a feeling it may become an issue for the foreseeable future. After all, you sound like Bruins fans with the moral victories!