Thread: News Article: Brooks: Elias Must Go...
View Single Post
Old
11-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Eric Sachs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muttley View Post
I'm all with getting Barker, to go along with the theme of other thread. But we would have to resign Havlat to a new contract as he already makes $6 million now and will command more.

You have Gionta's $4 million off the books and you still have to deal with Madden. Not to mention I am a big advocate for going after Bouwmeester this summer. I'm not sure we have the cap room.

And I'm not sure what my stalker is referring to about me "not answering the question".

If the question is if I agree with the fact the Elias has been "invisible" since signing that big contract in 2006, yes I would be in total agreement with this assesment.

So there it is. The question is anwered.

Elias is invisible.

If this answer angers you, stop being immature and deal with it.
I don't think Havlat is getting that contract again. I think he may be expecting 5 million tops. Regardless it will most certainly be a short term(2 years 3 max) deal because of his health.

If we go after J-Bouw then throw this all out the window and see what Havlat wants in the offseason with gio off the books. Even if we just go after J-Bouw we are looking at shedding the excess weight and by that i don't think its Elias i'm thinking its more some overpaid dmen and what not. If we got rid of Elias and picked up J-bouw we would still have many problems. While our defence is average at best and on most nights below average we struggle at scoring. The only two guys that are scoring are Parise and Elias. Get rid of Elias and we pretty much have nothing and have to pray that we have an elite scorer waitinf in the wings in the farm.