Thread: News Article: Brooks: Elias Must Go...
View Single Post
Old
11-16-2008, 03:58 PM
Niedermayer21

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulytits View Post
patrik elias is not going anywhere.
Maybe next season, Elias can play with either Havlat or Hossa--on the Devils!!!

Larry Brooks is a Rangers fan. The only time he sees the Devils play is when they play the Rangers.

Gionta won't be re-signed. If we trade him at the deadline, it will be for a prospect or a pick.

We need to dump a salary here or there, but not Elias's salary.

Does anyone have a link to the Devils players, and other NHL players who have No Trade Clauses?

I really like Colin White, but we have to dump his salary. Wish we could get a #2 pick for him, but he has a NTC and I doubt he will waive it. Real good character guy, too.

I would like to sign Dubinsky (and if he doesn't come to the Devils, at least we can cap out the Rangers!!!), and a defenseman along the lines of J-Bo, but he would probably be too expensive.

Holik's salary comes off the cap after this season. No reason to bring him back unless he'll play for the NHL minimum. Gio's salary comes off the cap. We have to sign John Madden, hopefully for no more than two or three years until we can develop another shutdown line.

And we have to hope that Corrente or Eckford can make the Devils next season and be a top 4 defenseman. Salmela seems to be the real deal and I hope he stays. Wish we could find another one like him!!!!