Thread: News Article: Brooks: Elias Must Go...
View Single Post
Old
11-16-2008, 09:35 PM
Missionhockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by devs4L View Post
2008-2009: 17 games, 7 goals, 6 assists, 13 points, +1, 66 shots
2007-2008: 17 games, 3 goals, 6 assists, 9 points, -6, 56 shots
2006-2007: 17 games, 3 goals, 9 assists, 12 points, -9, 56 shots

I hardly see this as the season to start talking about an Elias trade. Through 17 games he has better stats across the board than he did the previous 2 seasons.

He's on pace for about 35 goals and 65 points without Rolston, whom he looked excellent with. Really, with the exception of a couple games this year I haven't been dissapointed in his play. In fact, when you look back he could have had a couple more goals here and there like against Detroit, that I'd bet 9 times out of 10 he'd score on.

He hasn't really had a chance to develop chemistry with anyone either. He's played with Madden, Pando, Zubrus, Gio, Rolston, Parise, Zajac, and Langs at random points this year.

What get's lost for some people with Elias is how much of a big game player he is. Look at the number of game-winners and overtime goals he has. Look at his numbers every year in the playoffs. Another thing that get's lost is his defensive play. For how talented he is offensively, their aren't many players better defensively, with that offensive talent.
Good post. I agree for the most part, and there is no doubt in my mind that Elias is the most talented player on this team aside from Brodeur. He's clearly the best skater on the team and he surprises his teammates with passes that I couldn't even concieve. I just wish that Sutter would try Parise-Zajac-Elias just once this season because last season when Elias played with Parise they did really well.