Thread: News Article: Nylander trade watch
View Single Post
Old
11-17-2008, 11:44 AM
C-A-P-S

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsWolverinesUSA View Post
The more I think about this, the harder it is for me to believe Chicago is seriously interested in this deal at all. They're 3rd in the NHL in goals per game. Bulin is badly outplaying Huet so far. They've endured some defensive inconsistency that has caused them to shuffle their lineup.

Now we're suggesting that Chicago will trade their better goalie, in order to free up cap space in order to acquire an expensive aging scoring-line center? And people think they will be interested in trading a young defender who has helped bring stability to the blueline in order to get that un-needed offensive upgrade?

Seems like wishful thinking and one-way interest.
Both teams are playing pretty well. I think if one teams starts to hit the skids in a big way or there is a rash of serious injuries you might see a move in order to shake things up.

Until then I think the trading deadline is really the more likely time to see movement. Thats when the non-playoffs teams are established and the contenders look to solidify their playoff run.

But then again if Nylander continues to look disinterested m receives minimal minutes, terrible linemates and continues to receive healthy scratches maybe he gets the boot.