View Single Post
Old
11-17-2008, 12:33 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakomyte View Post
Its funny, Carbo was voted as a very close runner up for the Jack Adams last year, but I guess starting the season at 10-4-2 is reason enough to get pissed off at him.

Who here can honestly say that they would NOT have been happy if back in September you were told this would be our record after 16 games? Complain all you want about current team performance, but no NHL team plays consistently well throughout an 82-game season. These guys will bounce back and hit a groove. The coaching staff will work out the kinks, keeping in mind about 1/4 of the forwards this year are new to the team. Time to take a deep breath and relax.

I'm in the same mindset. I'm really not worried. The next 4 games could prove to be good, I do hope. The Habs fare well against Carolina, then they'll go up against the Sens whom they've been playing well for awhile, they will be tooth and nail against Boston Saturday to try and get revenge and the Ruins will probably be too overconfident, typical of a Julien team that starts winning, and then the Isles to top off the first quarter of the season. Lest people will remember that by the end of November, early December, last year, a lot were calling for Carbo's head on a platter. Yet the Habs started playing their best hockey and hitting their stride in mid-December and were very good from that point, except for the bad sequence they had when Hammer was injured. A season is long and teams go up and down.

I've read some Quebecer Bruins fan laying it on the Habs after the win against the Blues. Saying that the last few losses had shown the Habs true colors, that it shows that teams like Philly, NY, Boston, Pittsburg and Washington are all superior to the Habs. And they say it is WE Habs fans who get overconfident by a good sequence. That illogical fellow should just wait awhile. I guess he felt it was time to gloat... y'know, just in case he won't be able to do that again in awhile, as he knows the Habs aren't playing their best hockey and that he will probably be eating his soxes in 1 or 2 months or so.

There are things that might be worrying. Still who can say that these things are permanent. Patience is a virtue and let's just wait and see what's gonna happen. There is just too much talent on this team to not get on a roll and play well. There is a reason why Carbo was runner-up to the Adams. There was a reason why the Habs finished with one of the best offense in the league. And this present team is much similar to the one we had last year, except with a few better elements. It's just a question of finding the right recipe, it takes time and we will surely get there. The armchair coaches can say all they want, it won't make a difference. Growing pains were to be expected, its nothing new. People should just stop expecting perfection and wait for the team to get better and they will, for me, without any doubt.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote