Thread: Nodl experiment
View Single Post
Old
11-17-2008, 04:23 PM
BringBackStevens

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Absolutely no justification for shouting down and ridiculing an opinion simply because it was presented by someone. This isn't anyone's personal space to present and read ideas that conform to what they want to see.
Yep. We've all had our moments from time to time but i think its something we need to improve on around here.

As for the topic at hand - i'm going to have to criticize Stevens again (a shock)

I understand benching players is a tactic that needs to be done, however, I don't think you bench players for making honest rookie mistakes. Steven's doesn't think that after that cluster**** shift Nodl had last night that he didn't feel stupid and already know what he did wrong? Benching players for mistakes like this is how you get players to go out there playing scared and not playing their game. It happened to Downie, i've seen it with Kukkonen to a degree, i've seen it with Upshall last season.

You bench players for dogging it and making absolutely inexcusable boneheaded mistakes. I don't agree that you bench a guy after a play like that. He's not dumb and the best way to learn is to get out there and play, not sit and watch