View Single Post
Old
11-17-2008, 08:10 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlives View Post
These college kids take years to pan out. Look at Komisarek and O'Byrne; even today they lack vision and creativity.
Panning out is one thing. Developing vision and creativity is another. Seems to me that this report is too negative. I think that we can't have it both ways. Most people were so proud to say that as a freshman, he was doing what just a few guys were doing which is being on the top pairing of an already strong squad. Was playing in all situations and so on.....So now as a sophomore, the normal expectations was to see his racking the points, which he does but not at the expense as suddenly becoming way less reliable, a turnover machine, not a lot of PP time and NOT on the 1st pairing anymore. Things could and should turn around for him. But even in a developement learning curve, to not say that it's somewhat surprising to see him struggle like that would be lying.

But then NOBODY is pressing on the panic button here...Like I keep saying, and I'm not disrespecting the CHL, chances are either Fish and McDo would be playing in that league and they'll be close to all-stars....(I'M exagerating but you see the point...)

As far as the Komi and O'B comparison, despite Komi's last season in Michigan, both guys were not suppose to become an anchor on the PP and great 2-way d-men. Something McDonagh was and still is suppose to become.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote