View Single Post
Old
11-18-2008, 04:59 PM
JRZ DVLS
Try Brubag*****

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
Richards is the better leader, of course, but Parise isn't a light-year behind him.

Parise and Richards is, in my mind, one of the best comparables in the NHL in terms of the whole package they each bring to their respective hockey club.

Edit: And Richards absolutely has earned the C on his hockey team. He is the captain of the Flyers whether he wears the letter or not, so he might as well wear the letter. The captain of the Devils, despite the C on Langenbrunner's jersey, is Brodeur and that will remain true until he retires. I think Parise should wear the C for the Devils, being that he's been the only guy on the team to show up every night and give it everything he's got on the ice - and have the skill to back up his effort.
CD, for what it is worth, i would have given the C to John Madden over Parise or anyone else for that matter. I think Madden brings it nearly every night...beside Marty of course who runsthe show.
I really think that Parise doesnt need to be captain on the Devils. He eventually may, but he doesn't need to be in that role yet. Let him play his game and lead by his play, there is a team full of captains around him to take care of that.....