View Single Post
Old
11-18-2008, 06:33 PM
Synergy27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Being a winning team doesn't take away (at least for me it doesn't) the fact that they are a boring team to watch and more often than not I find myself more interested in watching other teams play than watching the Rangers plod around the ice, take a million shots and score 1-2 goals a game.
I'm glad you put the "at least for me" caveat in there, because I have to say it totally does/would for me. I argued earlier in this thread that the Rangers are not nearly as boring as some of you are making them out to be. I might be blinded by my allegiance to the team, or just excited by different things than most. But, even if it were 100% positively true that the Rangers were indeed boring, I would have no issues whatsoever with being labeled a hypocrite for loving them as they marched to the Stanley Cup.

One other thing: branding the Devils Cup teams as "boring" was in my opinion a crutch leaned on by fans of teams that simply could not give credit where credit was due. That, and the NHL as a whole during that era (late 90s) was kind of a snoozefest too.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote